A Guide to Getting Started as a Librarian
Helpful information for librarians or those who want to become one.
If you are a librarian, or if you are interested in becoming one, then you probably understand that the world of librarianship is an ever-changing, oftentimes overwhelming one. With the continuing changes in modern technology, information dissemination, and the requirements of a society that requires instant access to whatever it requires, librarians have found themselves increasingly challenged to keep up with this fast pace.
With this in mind, we have established these pages as a resource for potential, new, and experienced librarians alike, with the necessary resources you require to maximize your potential as a librarian or as a student of library science.
- Scholarships and Grants - Financial aid for library students, research grants, awards for work in fields related to library science.
- Education - Requirements and expectations for those interested in becoming librarians, including accredited schools and course expectations.
- Employment - The plethora of jobs available to those with training in library science.
- Managing a Library - A short guide to organizing a collection of library resources
- Librarian Weblogs - Comments, questions, and concerns from real librarians and other involved in the discipline.
- General Resources - Websites and organizations relevant to the work of today's librarian.